the belt is going inside of cloth when running

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
nvtvts

the belt is going inside of cloth when running

Post by nvtvts »

The belt should hold the coat, but when my avatar is running it is going inside of the cloth. Is there a solution to it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16eSid7 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.06.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.06.20 AM.png (453.49 KiB) Viewed 222 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: the belt is going inside of cloth when running

Post by Rosemaryr »

There could be a couple of reasons. Cloth mesh intersections usually happen when you have too many factors in play. The program is trying to solve too many issues at once, and some things fall through the cracks. So, you need to plan a way to reduce those opposing forces.

My first thought was: that the belt is too tight. Most trench coats actually are a bit roomier than that, since they are layered over other clothing. You seem to have it cinched in very close to the avatar's body. Check the stress mapping for the belt: is it solid red? If so, make it a little bit longer.

Second thought was: you might consider using an elastic setting on some internal lines, on the main coat, placed just under where the belt is placed. That may help to keep the coat closer to the body without the belt having to do all the work, and thus reduce the forces making it move past the belt.

Third thought: did you set layers on the coat and belt when constructing them? After construction, did you then set all those layers back to zero? That is the recommended method of working.

Fourth and last thought: did you run the simulation at the default time settings? I have found that by increasing the Scene Time Warp to 2X or 3X helps tremendously. This gives the program more time to calculate each movement; slowing the whole thing down during calculation, the program has more time to devote to smaller change increments (delta). And that gives a better result. (Yes, it does take longer, sorry.) You would then play back the calculated animation at double speed to record the movie, so you get a final product that moves 'real time' but looks much better.

Hope these thoughts help you.

nvtvts

Post by nvtvts »

Rosemaryr wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:23 pm
There could be a couple of reasons. Cloth mesh intersections usually happen when you have too many factors in play. The program is trying to solve too many issues at once, and some things fall through the cracks. So, you need to plan a way to reduce those opposing forces.

My first thought was: that the belt is too tight. Most trench coats actually are a bit roomier than that, since they are layered over other clothing. You seem to have it cinched in very close to the avatar's body. Check the stress mapping for the belt: is it solid red? If so, make it a little bit longer.

Second thought was: you might consider using an elastic setting on some internal lines, on the main coat, placed just under where the belt is placed. That may help to keep the coat closer to the body without the belt having to do all the work, and thus reduce the forces making it move past the belt.

Third thought: did you set layers on the coat and belt when constructing them? After construction, did you then set all those layers back to zero? That is the recommended method of working.

Fourth and last thought: did you run the simulation at the default time settings? I have found that by increasing the Scene Time Warp to 2X or 3X helps tremendously. This gives the program more time to calculate each movement; slowing the whole thing down during calculation, the program has more time to devote to smaller change increments (delta). And that gives a better result. (Yes, it does take longer, sorry.) You would then play back the calculated animation at double speed to record the movie, so you get a final product that moves 'real time' but looks much better.

Thank you so much! I have followed all your steps and now it is working properly!!!

nvtvts

Post by nvtvts »

Rosemaryr wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:23 pm

Maybe you know how to export character movement in 2X or 3X from marvelous designer? I can export cloth in this time wrap , but then it doesn’t synchronize with my character animation..

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr »

Sorry, no. I've only done animations within MD.