Reset 3D Arrangement issue

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
mike.pole

Reset 3D Arrangement issue

Post by mike.pole » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:50 am

Hi,
in the months that I've used MD 8, I've never had any luck with the 'Reset 3D Arrangement' after a simulation.
Rather than resetting the patterns "back to their position prior to the last simulation", it flings them out like an explosion.... (I always have to use Undo). Is there something silly that I'm not getting?
1. Before simulation
1 Pre-sim.jpg
1 Pre-sim.jpg (42.34 KiB) Viewed 489 times
2. After simulation
2 Post-sim.jpg
2 Post-sim.jpg (41.15 KiB) Viewed 489 times
3. After hitting Reset 3D Arrangment
2 Reset 3d.jpg
2 Reset 3d.jpg (53.52 KiB) Viewed 489 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Reset 3D Arrangement issue

Post by Rosemaryr » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:40 pm

Reset does not mean "back to their position prior to the last simulation". It means reset to the first position they were created in, *unless* they had been assigned to one of the Arrangement points. From your first picture, it seems you are manually placing the pattern pieces, not using the AP system. What you can do instead, if you want to continue using the manual placement, is to use the History window to save the current state of your project. Find it on the left edge of the screen, just under the Library flyout.