Problem with sewing

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
AbbieJenna

Problem with sewing

Post by AbbieJenna » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:02 am

I'm trying to sew two simple patterns together however the threads/stitches are only showing on the corners, even though the sides are meant to be sewn together. I've never had this issue before, I'm not sure if someone has changed the settings as I am on a public computer, i've tried to look for what to change and use different methods however no luck. Since the sides are apparently not sewing together, when I simulate it just completely messes up. How do I fix this please?
Attachments
help.PNG
help.PNG (348.37 KiB) Viewed 520 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Problem with sewing

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Check the scale on your imported avatar. Judging by both the sewing lines, and the size of the floor grid below the avatar, it is most likely that it is coming into MD at far too small a scale. Thus, the cloth, it's poly size and the sewing are too large in relative scale to it.
A normal MD default avatar should be in the 1500-1800 millimeter range in height.
How to check? Two ways:
1. Use the Height measurement option. (Menu Avatar>Measurement>Height Measurement) Start at the feet and drag the tool up to the top of the avatar's head. What is the number?
2. Use the File>Add>Add Avatar option to bring in one of the default MD avatars into the scene with your own avatar. Are they relatively close in size?

Once you check this, then re-import your avatar, and look for the scaling option in the import box, and choose either a preset conversion option, or the AutoScaling (with the percentage option) to make the proper adjustment.