low fps simulation

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
DenysScherbyna

low fps simulation

Post by DenysScherbyna » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Hello! There is a low rate of tissue simulation. With a value particle distance = 5, I get 1-2 fps. A simple piece of fabric is simulated. Number cpu in use = 15 How to increase the speed of simulation?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Memory Size : 32 GB 3600MHz
Graphics Card : GeForce GTX 1660
TI Video Driver : 431.86 DHC
Resolution : 1680x1050
Language : English
Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Attachments
Screenshot_138.png
Screenshot_138.png (15.59 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Screenshot_139.png
Screenshot_139.png (53.61 KiB) Viewed 269 times

Rosemary

Re: low fps simulation

Post by Rosemary » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:40 pm

A Particle Distance setting of 5 is really for a final rendering... it creates a mesh that is extremely fine (small polys). Your image looks to be a test run, with a simple piece of cloth. Additionally, judging by the scale of the grid on the ground plane, your cloth is quite large. Both these things will effect how fast your sim will run.

You have two options:
1. Change the PD to the default of 20 and run the sim. Yes, that will be a coarser mesh, but it will sim faster through any major movement. Once the sim has run, and the cloth has reached it's final position, *then* change the PD to something smaller. You can then activate the sim again, to settle out and smooth the cloth.

2. Reduce the size of the 2D pattern. A large pattern piece will have more polys, and will sim slower, than a small pattern piece. Unlike other 3D modeling programs, two square pieces of cloth will NOT have the same number of polys, if they are not the same size.

DenysScherbyna

Re: low fps simulation

Post by DenysScherbyna » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:38 pm

Thanks for the answer! I will try with lower values of PD. But it’s hard for me to refuse them, since realistic behavior of the fabric under the influence of wind is required.