Making Money Making Virtual Clothes

Create posts showing how things are done or link to outside pages to help others find valuable resources.
LoriGriffiths

Making Money Making Virtual Clothes

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just posted a new video over on my YouTube channel. Some of you might find it interesting. In it I talk about making and selling virtual clothes using MD. I go through an example starting with an image, breaking it down and then making it.

If you ever dreamed of making money making clothes, now is a great time to get into it. I'm getting more and more requests from people looking for garment creators.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0kmkYtYZTQ

raden92

Re: Making Money Making Virtual Clothes

Post by raden92 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:25 am

Already watched it :D
Thanks for sharing it. Maybe I'm gonna try it today. I hope that I can make money from doing that lol :D
Komunikasia - The company of design agency and graphic design jakarta

claudiu.hanga

Post by claudiu.hanga » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:51 am

HI Lory,

I'm an interior designer and work mostly in CG Visualisation field. I don't do a lot of clothes but I do lots of home deco styling and that means a lots of drapes, curtains, towels, rugs etc. I do like to see more tips, videos about stacking clothes on shelfs. I did something but I'm not pleased with the result, looks quite messy.
Thank you

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:48 pm

claudiu.hanga wrote:HI Lory,

I'm an interior designer and work mostly in CG Visualisation field. I don't do a lot of clothes but I do lots of home deco styling and that means a lots of drapes, curtains, towels, rugs etc. I do like to see more tips, videos about stacking clothes on shelfs. I did something but I'm not pleased with the result, looks quite messy.
Thank you
I've never stacked clothes. I imagine that would be quite a challenge. I did release a home dec video. Maybe this has some tips you could use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgkLJ_puj2M

judio

Post by judio » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:18 am

Thank you for sharing, It's cool link to making money making virtual clothes.

_________
usa clubwear

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:54 am

I hate to interject a dose of reality to anyone considering selling 3D products online, but almost anything one makes will be pirated in a microsecond. Folks will grab your stuff and sell it as their own (there are dozens of sites based in China and the Ukraine) or throw out on the torrent and file sharing sites for everyone to download. Poser and Daz3D content is openly shared on at least a hundred sites, and the number sharing general 3D items is beyond counting as new ones pop up every day trying make a buck from advertising. Several content artists in the 'Poserverse' dropped out due to rampant piracy, and I myself do not share anything I make. DRM is a joke with hackers breaking it in seconds.
If you sell online, expect this. Honest and mature people who understand how life works will buy your items, but there are a LOT of kids who feel entitled to everything for free.

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Bob,
That's certainly a reality check and so sad. I deal with the "we deserve everything for free" crowd too. It's a horrible mentality but abounds on the net. People even steal YouTube videos and rebroadcast them.

I think the safest work with MD is creating garments for online merchandise catalogs. I think more and more online retailers will go this route for showing clothing lines.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm lucky in that I fell face first into a government graphics job fresh out of school and stayed with it for over fourty years. I never had to deal with copyright although we got the occasional lecture on the state of the law from the government 'suits'. As Poser became popular, I experimented with selling one item, the experience forever tainting my enthusiasm for Poserverse/Dazville and trying to sell online.
Bob