Making adjustments after setting arrangement point

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
petemolinero

Making adjustments after setting arrangement point

Post by petemolinero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 pm

I can set a piece of fabric to an arrangement point, then use the gizmo to fine-tune the position. The problem is that if I simulate, then click "Reset 3D Arrangement (all)", the fabric moves back to its arrangement point position—before any of my gizmo-based fine-tuning.

Is there any way to make positional adjustments, using the gizmo, to fabric placed with an arrangement points, and have it be remembered when I click "Reset 3D Arrangement"? I know about adjusting arrangement parameters like Position XY, Offset, and Orientation, and those are great (and work), I'm just wondering about using the gizmo for completeness' sake.

Thanks!

Pete

LoriGriffiths

Re: Making adjustments after setting arrangement point

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi Pete,
To the best of my knowledge the answer is no. Your fine tuning is not saved. Sometimes it doesn't even go back to the last position using an AP. It can be a bit random.

Sometimes I use Undo (ctrl/cmd Z) to put things back to their positions prior to simulation. This can go horribly wrong on occasion, but it generally works.

petemolinero

Re: Making adjustments after setting arrangement point

Post by petemolinero » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks for the answer Lori! Oh well; maybe in the future!