Scaling the garment

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
Anastasia1987

Scaling the garment

Post by Anastasia1987 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:04 am

How can I scale the simulated garment sothat it will fit another big character? I sometimes can scale patterns(sometimes it ia scaled properly sometimes not). But the garment is destroyed and needs a lot of time to fix it around the character again!

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Scaling the garment

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:35 am

Unfortunately, scaling a finished garment is not as easy as it is in other 3D modeling programs.
MD's paradigm works *from* the 2D pattern pieces to the finished 3D garment. You have to use real-world mentality to work with it. In the real-world, you would not expect to take a finished size 2 shirt and pop it onto a person who needs an XXL shirt. You would instead, re-cut a new set of patterns and sew them together for the XXL item.
Even if you take the 2D pattern pieces and scale them up to the right size, you still have to run the sewing simulation over again for the new figure. That's just the way the program works, I'm afraid, sorry.