Where is the Go Z & Line Tack Update?

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
LoriGriffiths

Where is the Go Z & Line Tack Update?

Post by LoriGriffiths » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:30 pm

The folks at MD have broadcast emails and have a huge splash on their home page for a sale that includes the Go Z and Line Tack on Avatar updates. Unfortunately, I don't know how you are supposed to get them. When I open MD, it doesn't prompt that there is an update, which it normally would. Also, if you go to the Archive page when logged in, there is no version greater than the one I have.

Anyone else get the update?

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Where is the Go Z & Line Tack Update?

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 am

They did say they had to delay it, and they are 'supposed' to have it ready to roll-out some time this week.

https://www.marvelousdesigner.com/commu ... back/10323

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:55 am

Thank you Rosemary. I found the Go Z menu option way back when 7 was released and asked about it then. They said that it was coming later.

It sounds like they just jumped the gun a bit on that announcement.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:46 am

Well, you can prepare for it by getting the GoZ plugin, and prepping ZBrush now, of course. All that's left to wait for is MD's side of the programming.

The GoZ function is actually something that I really am looking forward to having. With the ability to make your own stitch objects in MD (allowing for rows of trims, such as 'rhinestones' or other things) then taking that directly into ZB, will help improve the work flow.
I had previously dabbled in making ZB IMM stitches (see my ShareCG page here:
https://www.sharecg.com/v/75631/galler ... ches-Set-1

Doing the same inside MD (with the ability to bake it to a normal map immediately) will be very interesting!

vintorix

Post by vintorix » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:43 pm

Rosemary, "Doing the same inside MD (with the ability to bake it to a normal map immediately) will be very interesting!"

Why do you think that this capability will come with GoZ when it is not here already. What the MD Team should have done is to fix that first - then add GoZ.

Stitches and Rhinestones looks gorgeous inside MD today but you cannot bake it. Therefore it is no much use for GoZ.

vintorix

Post by vintorix » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:01 pm

(I went here to see if Rahim(rhm778) got any help with his Poncho, and then happen to see this thread!)