MD7 Zipper Question

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
joel.acevedo

Re: MD7 Zipper Question

Post by joel.acevedo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Yes... the only big difference between you and my setting is that I do check UNIFIED UV COORDINATES and INCLUDE INTERNAL SHAPES. I thought those were needed. I always clicked on these. I'll try without it.

joel.acevedo

Post by joel.acevedo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:26 pm

:D SOLVED!

It does not matter if you WELD or UNWELD, SINGLE or MULTIPLE OBJECT(s), etc... The problem was Unified UV Coordinates. Thanks for all the help! It did not come to my mind until I saw your settings... and I was like... wait a minute. I always use UNIFIED UV COORDINATES. Always. So I never suspected it to be a problem. Sharing the screens on how it looks when you click Unified UV Coordinates and when you don't. This will certainly help many users! :)
Attachments
zipper-fixed.png
Unified UV Coordinates unchecked
zipper-fixed.png (389 KiB) Viewed 340 times
zipper-not-fixed.png
Unified UV Coordinates checked
zipper-not-fixed.png (366.13 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Last edited by joel.acevedo on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:56 pm

I'm glad that's sorted out! (Should have started with that suggestion first.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a tip for the Unified Coordinates checkbox:

USE it, if you want to add/create your own textures for UV mapping, after leaving MD. Using it creates a nicely laid-out UV map that looks exactly like the layout of the 2D window. Drawback is that the textures you may have already applied in MD *don't* work right, and you may have to apply them manually.

DO NOT use it, if you want the garment to look just like the MD texturing. So, if you went to a lot of trouble in laying out the textures for each pattern piece inside MD, (rotating, scaling, etc.) and you want to preserve that, uncheck the box. Drawback is that the resulting UV map which exports with the garment object file is a mish-mosh of overlapping and 'out-of-range' pattern maps that may take some sorting out in a UV map editor to be useful.