Edge Garments problem.

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
Laurelion

Edge Garments problem.

Post by Laurelion » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi, I have this little problem and i don't know ho resolve it.

I notice that when i put a free garment on my avatar, not important is the fabbric, the edge is EVER stretched by the weight of the garments.

Like this:

I set Stretch-Weft and Warp to the maximum, friction coefficent to 99, i play with all parameters, but i But I just reduced the problem, not solved,
I don't wanna use pin of any kind, not pin, i don't like the effect and it's something that realy want to know about fabric proprietis, so not pin solution please.

So now i'd like recive some help; what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you and sorry for my broken english.

LoriGriffiths

Re: Edge Garments problem.

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:18 pm

MD isn't a modeling program, it simulates just like real fabric. You have to use something to attach the patterns to the avatar. You either have to sew the edges together or use pins. Otherwise, it will just fall off. That cape is very large and is very heavy. It will pull down and stretch, regardless of the fabric choice.

I'd be careful playing with the fabric settings until you become more proficient in the program. Use the default drop down list to learn about all the different types of fabric. Leather will stretch the least, but it won't lay down well. Knit will stretch a lot and silk/satin will stretch somewhat. All the fabrics have specific benefits and problems, you need to see which one looks the way you want and then figure out how you will attach it to the avatar.

You could make a small pattern that connects to each side of the cape at the neck. This would leave the cape open in front, but sewn at the neckline.

Laurelion

Re: Edge Garments problem.

Post by Laurelion » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:47 am

If it simulates, it's doing not so well. For example, the cape that i try to create it's base on a real cape that i have and it stay on my shoulder without pin or other. If it fall of it does without stretching like a chewingum