Increase decrease overall size of garment

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
vfxforge

Increase decrease overall size of garment

Post by vfxforge » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:14 am

Hi, I was wondering if there was an easy way of increase the scale of each individual patch ( offset ) with multiple patches selected.
When using scale on multiple patches it does not scale from the centre of each patch.

for example I would like to increase the overall size of the garment, without going into each patch and scaling.
thank you :)
My name is John. A VFX and CG Artist from Australia. Pleased to meet you.

website - http://www.vfxforge.com

LoriGriffiths

Re: Increase decrease overall size of garment

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:08 am

If you want to scale the entire pattern, Shift select all the pieces using the Transform Pattern tool. Then you can scale them all up at once. Since they are all selected and scaled the same, all your seam lines will still match up after scaling.

willburt

Post by willburt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Does this still work? I'm on 6.5 and it's not scaling well for me. I've made a video showing what I'm doing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03TG0Xy ... e=youtu.be

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 am

Looking at your video, each pattern piece is indeed scaling properly... you just have to let the simulation run again, to get the final re-sized pillow show up. The scaling process activates a paused simulation, to allow the program a minute to recalculate the pattern sizes. Just activate the sim one more time, is all.