Changing colors, and gradients

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
TribunMaximus

Changing colors, and gradients

Post by TribunMaximus »

Hi,

for our bicycle club I have to design differenz design for one jersey, for expample like this:

How can I create the diffent colors and looks in Marvelous Desingner?
Is it really the only way to cut and saw each part of the jersey and work with different fabrics?
Or is there another way to change the look of a jersey more easy and flexible?
I don't have to change the cut od the jersey - only work with different designs and logos.

And whats the most easy way to soend a gradient to the jersey like this one:

Is there any chance to import designs from Adobe Illustrator directly to Marvelous Designer?

Thanks for your help!

Br
Jens
LoriGriffiths

Re: Changing colors, and gradients

Post by LoriGriffiths »

The coloring is the fabric, not the pattern pieces. That color effect is called a gradient and it is easily done in Illustrator. You can create PNG and JPG items in Illustrator and then apply them to the fabric in MD. Use the Property Editor > Material > Texture option (with the fabric selected in the Object Browser).
TribunMaximus

Post by TribunMaximus »

Hi Lori,

thanks for your help!
Could you please also check the first pircture?
How can this be realized? Do I have to cut and saw each different part of the jersey?
In case of my first picture (not the one with the gradient) this would be more then 10 differnt "parts" of the jersey
Or is there any other way to split the jersey in "different parts" and change colors, prints or whatever?
What is the most easy way to realize this?

Br
Jens
LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths »

Create the jersey as though it is just a regular 'shirt' with the fronts, back and sleeves. Then draw internal lines where there are pieces. Use the Cut & Sew feature, which will cut on the internal line and then sew the pieces back together.

You can apply a different fabric to each piece, which appears to be how the jersey was made.

I did something very similar with this wetsuit.

https://www.fearlessmakers.com/journal/ ... s-designer