Cloth gets sucked by avatar in simulation

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
mnic

Cloth gets sucked by avatar in simulation

Post by mnic »

Hello, I'm relative new to Marvelous and have been trying to create an animation of a pillow that make contact with and object. But for some reason the fabric of the pillow keeps getting attracted to the avatar/obj to the point it gets sucked by it. I thought of changing the skin offset to a higher value but it still gets attracted.
I really don't know what is the cause of this, help please :shock:
Attachments
Capture01.PNG
Capture01.PNG (331.2 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (273.86 KiB) Viewed 154 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Cloth gets sucked by avatar in simulation

Post by Rosemaryr »

It's a bit hard to tell what is happening from the zoomed-in view. Could you post a full view of the avatar and cloth object, so we can see more?
There could be a number of causes: inverted normals on the avatar figure, poly size differences, and many other possibilities.

mnic

Post by mnic »

Hi, here are a better image of the scene
Attachments
Capture04.PNG
Capture04.PNG (167.99 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Capture03.PNG
Capture03.PNG (164.57 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Capture02.PNG
Capture02.PNG (203.79 KiB) Viewed 125 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr »

How was the toy? jar? created? Was two or three separate shapes just linked together, or is it a lofted curve? If parts of it's surface go to the interior of the whole shape, then the cloth may try to follow that surface, inwards.
Other than that, I would suggest that you increase the time allotted to the animation calculation (Scene Time warp) so the program can get more time to work on each time step. Default setting is 1: I would move that to 2 or 2.5. Then once the calculations are done, replay at a faster speed to have it look like normal gravity again.

mnic

Post by mnic »

I changed the geometry of the jar to a more simple form and it worked with it. Thank you for the help.