tack and tack on avatar

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
Designer

tack and tack on avatar

Post by Designer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi,
I am having problems with the tack tool.
I want to tack this band to the white line under the bra.
The white lines on the avatar are just so I can see where I want the band to stay.
When I draw the tack tine on the avatar it does not "stick".
If I double click it disappears.

My sequence:
Draw tack line on garment
Draw tack line on avatar

I find very few tutorials on using the tack line tool

Cheerio
Designer

[img]
MD-Tack.jpg
MD-Tack.jpg (24.83 KiB) Viewed 43 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: tack and tack on avatar

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:29 pm

I looked up and tried the instructions in the on-line manual, but the beginning wasn't quite right. Here are the (amended) steps that worked for me in the program.

Single click on the pattern piece/garment where you want to create the start point of line / shape. Drag out the line to where you want it to end.
→ Double click to complete the line / shape
(Double click on start point of line to create closed shape).
→ Once a line is created on the garment, the 3D garment will be rendered transparent, and you can create line on the avatar directly. Follow the same steps; single-click to start the line, double-click to end it.
→ Once all the two lines / shapes have been created, a dotted connection line for line / shape will be displayed (connecting the corresponding endpoints). (This may take a moment... just wait for it to happen.)

Click the simulation button.
→ Two lines/ shapes tack to each other along the connection line.

Designer

Post by Designer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi Rosemaryr,
Thanks so much for your help.
I am still a bit confused.

Single click on the pattern piece/garment where you want to create the start point of line / shape. Drag out the line to where you want it to end.
(Do I put the line on the garment in the 3d window or the 2d window)
(Which "line" tool do I use, the "internal polygon line or do I use the line tack)
→ Double click to complete the line / shape
(Double click on start point of line to create closed shape).
Cheerio
Designer

→ Once a line is created on the garment, the 3D garment will be rendered transparent, and you can create line on the avatar directly. Follow the same steps; single-click to start the line, double-click to end it.
→ Once all the two lines / shapes have been created, a dotted connection line for line / shape will be displayed (connecting the corresponding endpoints). (This may take a moment... just wait for it to happen.)

Designer

Post by Designer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:23 pm

I am also having problems getting both the internal polygon lines and the line tack lines to stay visible after I double click.
Even when using just the internal polygon lines when making patterns it takes so many tries to get it to stick.
Are you using the left or right mouse button the complete the line.

Cheerio
Designer

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Use the "Line Tack on Avatar' tool for this function.
The Internal Line tool is only a drawing operation, and not a sewing operation by itself. If you want to sew onto an internal line, you have to draw that line, then use a sewing tool on it, in another step.

The 'Line Tack on Avatar' is strictly in the 3D window only, just as with the other tack operations. This is necessary in order to have the line placed on the avatar's surface mesh. This is why their icons are placed above the 3D window. The 2D window only has a silhouette of the avatar, with no surface mesh information available to it.

....And I was using the left mouse button for all click (single and double) operations in this.

The line tack should show as a dark blue line, with dark blue dots at each end. After the first double-click (on the pattern piece) the whole pattern piece should go very transparent, in order for you to see and complete the action on the avatar. That part is normal. The opacity is restored once the line is placed on the avatar, and you will see the dark blue lines again, and if necessary, use the Edit Tack function before simulating. (This is a continuation of previous transparency functions: If you make a garment 100% transparent, you can work on underlying layer.)

Designer

Post by Designer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39 pm

Hi Rosemaryr,
Thanks so much for your help.
I really appreciate it.
I'll be away from the computer for awhile.
Will work on it tomorrow.
Cheerio
Designer