Understanding MD Book

If you're using PatternMaker PRO with MD, here's a great place to show off your work or ask questions. All subscribers and non-subscribers are welcome to participate.
Christy

Understanding MD Book

Post by Christy » Fri May 19, 2017 2:02 am

Hello :)

I am a brand new to MD beginner, I purchased the Understanding Marvelous Designer book ($75 AUD and 5 weeks to arrive) and it is very comprehensive. I spent some time reading the book and it was hard not to be able to follow along with it in MD, although I understand it was not written in that style.

I started the first tutorial, the Quilt and have gotten stuck on the Internal Line. I have searched the book, but am unable to find a detailed explanation as to how to use that feature, is it in the book somewhere I just can't see?

I have selected: 2D Pattern > Create > Internal Polygon / Line, left clicked on the top left hand vert, released the left mouse button, gone to the bottom right hand vert and left clicked and nothing happens. So I looked up MD manual, it says to go back to the start of the selection and click on it, I tried that nothing happened. I tried right mouse clicking, I get a dialogue box, that I don't understand, I entered different values, a brown line appears but then it's like I can't get out of this mode and I end up with verts and lines all over the place.

I have googled, youtubed and not able to find someone who demonstrates this function. It is frustrating lol

If anyone knows of a video that shows this feature or could step me through it, I would be so grateful.

Thanks.

LoriGriffiths

Re: Understanding MD Book

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue May 23, 2017 1:33 pm

There are lots of videos over on my YouTube channel that include internal lines. Here is a very short video that uses them that might help you.
https://youtu.be/8mSvHqCBvF0

Thank you for buying my book. I really appreciate the support.

Christy

Internal Line

Post by Christy » Sat May 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi Lori :)

I did end up finding a tutorial where they demonstrated adding an internal line and the elusive double left mouse click to end the line, it's awful when your learning something new and just can't figure out how to do something and then when you do find out, it was so simple *face palm* LOL

I am very excited to report it took me about 20 minutes to create the quilt! Looking forward to the 60's tent dress tomorrow after a good nights sleep.
Attachments
Quilt.png
Quilt.png (458.46 KiB) Viewed 621 times