MD Meeting in Sansar February 12th 2018

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
LoriGriffiths

MD Meeting in Sansar February 12th 2018

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 pm

For any of you who are interested, MD is having meetups in Sansar. They had their first one last night at 5pm PST. There were probably about 20 people there. I don't have a hard count, I'm just guessing based on what I saw.

The MD rep said they are going to have meetings in Sansar every other week. He also said that version 7.5 is due out in April and version 8 will be in October. Some other tidbits:
  • They are working on a UV editor within the MD program.
  • Regardless of what you set the Particle Distance to in MD, it will export at 20 using the Sansar export.
  • The new UV option on Sansar export works the same as the existing FBX and OBJ UV export.
  • They are working on Pinning in Sansar.
  • They are trying to find someone to make tutorials for them and acknowledged they are lacking in this.
One thing that made me a bit annoyed was their request for feedback and ideas. Over the span of an hour, the MD spokesperson offered up their email address several times and reiterated that they want to hear from people. This indicates that they have the time to interact with others for problem solving and feature requests.

The reason this annoyed me is that I have 18 open issue reports and I haven't heard a word from MD support since December 15th. I figured they were just busy, but obviously that's not the problem, if they can make time for Sansar users.

I'm not sure I'll attend future meetings, but if I do I'll keep you informed.