MD7 is on the way.... Preview video available

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

MD7 is on the way.... Preview video available

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKdBH4 ... e=youtu.be

Several new features which were first seen in CLO3D and Atelier have finally made it to MD: stitching and zipper options.
Also, modular garment pieces: interchange various garment parts such as collars, cuffs, sleeves, etc. (Will like to examine that one to see how well the user can add to the modular collection, or if it is just the given presets....)
Interesting new feature: flattening. This one seems to allow drawing directly onto the avatar, and creating a flattened surface pattern piece to match. This could be a game changer for the more unusual, custom avatars which don't fit typical human proportions. Definitely one to test, when it becomes available.

LoriGriffiths

Re: MD7 is on the way.... Preview video available

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Wow, that is definitely interesting. They are really aggressively adding big items. The 6.5 upgrade appeared to have only a handful of features, but I found 38 total. I can't imagine how many they are going to bury into version 7. I'm excited to see the changes.

Thanks for sharing this Rosemary.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:34 am

The MD team has emailed out the notice of the Closed Beta Test for MD7:
(Advisory emphasis is mine.)
---------------------------------------------
MARVELOUS DESIGNER 7 CLOSED BETA

The Closed Beta Test for Marvelous Designer 7 is available for anyone who have either Marvelous Designer Perpetual License or valid subscription from September 13 to 26. Unfortunately Marvelous Designer 2 license holders are not qualified for the CBT this time.

We believe it'd be helpful for us to test and finalize new features of Marvelous Designer 7 such as Flattening, Segment Darts, Offset as Internal Line along curve, Modular Mode, Zipper, Stitch, Pin on/off Animation, Wind Animation and Script.
Meanwhile supporting script mode isn't available in this CBT version, but official version of Marvelous Designer 7 when it releases on September 27. You will be expected to provide feedback on the feature and report any bugs or awkwardness you encounter via 'Report Issue' button. Please note we currently support the CBT version for Windows and Mac version will be available next week. You may refer to the manual or tutorial to learn about new features.

---------------------------------------------

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:42 pm

I **really** like the new Flatten function tool: now non-standard avatars can get their own fitted garments easily! You can just see the marking lines on the torso of this bear avatar, just under the tank-top neckline.

And you can see that the fit is pretty good, (with a few tweaks to clean up the outline of the pattern).

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:38 pm

MD has posted more videos.
Here's one on how to set up the block component system for any garment pieces you may have:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SirKG3c5vs