Marvelous Designer Book

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
LoriGriffiths

Marvelous Designer Book

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:09 pm

My book is done and available, finally! As far as I know, this is the first printed book available on Marvelous Designer. It is called Understanding Marvelous Designer: A Guide for CG Artists. The book is full-color with over 450 images. It covers MD version 6 and includes pretty much every single feature of the program.

You can get the book from Amazon - http://amzn.to/2fQ9jhO or Barnes & Noble - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/underst ... 0998334288.

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to do this. It was quite an experience and I'm very happy that it is now available for you to purchase.
UMD.jpg
UMD.jpg (639.24 KiB) Viewed 2372 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Marvelous Designer Book

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:59 pm

(Applause!)

I know you were taken aback when they upgraded the program, but you rallied well. Here's hoping you get plenty of customers and feedback!

(....Off to buy my copy!.....and Amazon says it should arrive in time for my birthday. Happy Me-day to me :lol: )

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:45 pm

That's an unusual birthday gift and I hope you enjoy it. If you find anything that you feel needs correction, please make sure to let me know. It was a lot of material to cover.

Thanks so much for your support Rosemary.

Wendyp

Post by Wendyp » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:14 am

I'm just waiting for my copy to arrive. Should be here Tuseday 3rd January. Can't wait to read it. :)

MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:47 pm

Congratz, Ms. Authoress!

I know you worked hard on this book and had several trials and tribulations in the process. :-) I hope you sell many copies!

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Thanks for your support Wendy. I hope you find the book very useful.

I hope I sell lots of copies too Morgaine. Thanks for the encouragement.

Wendyp

Post by Wendyp » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Just had a quick look in the book, and already found lots of useful information which will help me a lot. The projects look good too. Will have to have a try at them.

Well done Lori and hope you sell lots of copies.

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Wendy,
Make sure to let me know what you think of the projects. They aren't super easy, but that was intentional. It should challenge your skills so you get much more comfortable with MD.

alexhcowley

Post by alexhcowley » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Hello, everyone! I'm about half way through Lori's book and I'm finding it really useful. Things are starting to fall into place with MD and I feel I'm really getting the hang of it.

Cheers,

Alex.
High Priest of the black and recondite arts of the RPG IV compiler. Stalker of cute little furry animals, armed only with a big Canon.

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:12 pm

That's great Alex. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.