Some [major] changes in MD5 (v.2_3_153)

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Some [major] changes in MD5 (v.2_3_153)

Post by Rosemaryr » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:55 am

Just a heads-up in case you've picked up the latest build of MD5, and hadn't noticed yet:

1. The BV (Bounding Volume) and AP (Arrangement Point) tabs (where you can save and load BV and AP sets) have moved to under the Avatar controls (along with saved avatar measurements, if you have loaded a MD project file that includes them): Use the main menu >Avatar>Avatar Editor to find them. The tabs are next to the saved avatar styles' library images tab.

2. The material presets have changed file format. They are now save in file format .zfab, and include, if desired, the texture image information. The file location is (main MD folder)\Presets\Physical_Property
You *cannot* load the older .psp files! They simply won't be recognized.
If you have presets that you want to convert, open an earlier version of MD, create a square of fabric, assign a preset to it, and save the cloth **as a garment file** (I suggest using the name of the preset used, to help in later steps.) Do this for each of the presets you want to save. Then, open MD5v.2-3-153, open the garment file, select the fabric in the Scene Editor, and re-save the preset in the new format, in the default location. Once this is done, you should again have the presets available in the drop-down list, when you re-open the program.

For those that want a head-start, I have converted my 6 preset freebies, and posted them at ShareCG and DeviantArt.
http://www.sharecg.com/v/83984/gallery/ ... 153-and-up
http://rosemaryr94901.deviantart.com/ar ... -592231722

LoriGriffiths

Re: Some [major] changes in MD5 (v.2_3_153)

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Thank you for the tips Rosemary. I also noticed that they have removed some of the MD presets from the drop-down list.

MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Re: Some [major] changes in MD5 (v.2_3_153)

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:46 am

Thanks for the info!

Sometimes, I wish MD would leave certain things as they are!