Pattern Maker for Marvelous Designer

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
LoriGriffiths

Re: Pattern Maker for Marvelous Designer

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:11 pm

It's going to be a subscription model with everything offered online running in the browser. I like this because I can constantly update it as we go along. There are three key components to the app:

1. The Pattern Maker - Starts with about 90 patterns, but I have plans for many, many more. (Every pattern has full instructions, too).
2. The Book - Complete book on MD and sewing
3. Texture/Fabric Maker - I'm drawing fabric/textures/material/whatever you want to call it in the browser with SVG that allow you full color customization. Then you can download it as an png and use in MD or any other 3D program. (These are not bump/normal maps, just color images).

The user side includes the ability to create unlimited, named measurement sets and all of them are saved for use at any time for drafting.

I think we've settled on $14.95 per month with discounts if you purchase 6 months (10%) or 1 year (20%). I think that's fair given the content and should be affordable for most hobbyists. It's cheaper than buying one garment in other programs. The app is only going to grow over time and become more valuable.

What do you think Fahad? Still interested?

Fahad

Re: Pattern Maker for Marvelous Designer

Post by Fahad » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:27 am

LoriGriffiths wrote:It's going to be a subscription model with everything offered online running in the browser. I like this because I can constantly update it as we go along. There are three key components to the app:

1. The Pattern Maker - Starts with about 90 patterns, but I have plans for many, many more. (Every pattern has full instructions, too).
2. The Book - Complete book on MD and sewing
3. Texture/Fabric Maker - I'm drawing fabric/textures/material/whatever you want to call it in the browser with SVG that allow you full color customization. Then you can download it as an png and use in MD or any other 3D program. (These are not bump/normal maps, just color images).

The user side includes the ability to create unlimited, named measurement sets and all of them are saved for use at any time for drafting.

I think we've settled on $14.95 per month with discounts if you purchase 6 months (10%) or 1 year (20%). I think that's fair given the content and should be affordable for most hobbyists. It's cheaper than buying one garment in other programs. The app is only going to grow over time and become more valuable.

What do you think Fahad? Still interested?

YES! I'm a very big proponent of subscription based software. Smaller upfront investment and you get constant updates, it's just like leasing/financing something. $14.95 seems like a reasonable price, and to be fair you're providing something no one else is, so you have the upper hand!

Count me in for a 1 year subscription :)