MD5 Planned New Features

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

MD5 Planned New Features

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:40 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to let people know that MD has announced a tentative release date for MD5... in September.
List of planned new features:

1. Cut Pattern
Cutting patterns in 2D is now available. Discover your creativity with this pattern cutting feature.

2. Offset as Internal Line
Input specific measurements to offset patterns and segments as Internal Lines

3. Fold Arrangement
Fold seam allowance, collars, and cuffs in the 3D Window before Simulation is activated.

4. Direct Positioning
Use the Direct Positioning tool to easily arrange patterns and OBJs on the Avatar and garment.

5. Sewing Line Type
Apply the Turned Sewing Line Type setting to achieve a folded, two-ply look.

6. Side Geometry
Apply and adjust the curvature of pattern edges, and/or express hems with facing.

7. Align
Align point, lines to the vertical (X) and horizontal (Y) axis.

8. Round Corner
Round Corner performs the rounding of the edges and corners of 3D shapes along a 2D profile

9. UV Guidelines
UV Guidelines can be displayed and it lets you view and interactively edit the UV.

10. Avatar Size Measurement
There are two methods to obtain the avatar’s length measurement. The Basic Length Measurement method takes a straight measurement, while the Surface Length Measurement method takes a measurement by following the curves of the avatar’s surface. A Height Measurement function, that takes the avatar’s height measurement from the avatar’s height and the ground, is also provided.

11. Coordinate Gizmo
Coordinate Gizmo in Select, Move, Rotate mode.

12. Import Camera in FBX format
You may import camera in FBX format.

MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Re: MD5 Planned New Features

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Thanks for posting this information!

It isn't often I go to MD website anymore; I just didn't feel very welcome there when I had a question or was looking for information so finding out the upcoming features here is a huge plus for me.

The Cut Pattern function...sounds scary but hope it works much better than tracing does. I rather wish they would add a marking function in the simulation window that would appear on the pattern pieces in the 2D pattern window. I know you can get fudge it now but would be nicer if you could add tailoring marks directly on the model. Align on X and Y axis will be a boon to me. Do you think the Avatar Size Measurement will work with imported models? I will be curious to see how the Surface Length Measurement works. For me, would be another boon for the particular models I use.

Appreciate the info!

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:49 pm

You can do the marking thing using pins... when a pin is placed in the 3D window, it does show up on the 2D pattern. I have used this before to rough-mark a line of dots which helped me place an internal line, for example.
But it isn't exact, however.... Something more precise would be nice!

MarcusLaGrone

Post by MarcusLaGrone » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:09 am

Is there any word on better multi-threading support?

wrt pins: chalk would be nice... granted a herd of pins sort of works like chalk but being able to bring up an exact plane and have it mark the pattern would be handy...

k.c..riley

Post by k.c..riley » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Wow... and I just upgraded this program too... back in june. I am curious about Avatar Height, because I have character of different body types and I want to ensure that the program will be able to determine body size... I would also love to see delete avatar parts. I would hate to have two of the same pieces on an avatar and have to hide them