Version 7.5 is now out!

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Version 7.5 is now out!

Post by Rosemaryr » Wed May 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Version 7.5 is now released, with the long-awaited Slash-and-Spread feature! (And a few other updates...)
Don't be fooled like I was: the listing (if you have a valid v.7 account) will show as v.7.4.1.99. This is indeed v.7.5. I don't know why they always seem to have a different number in the version log and listings as what shows when you open the program!

wetcircuit

Re: Version 7.5 is now out!

Post by wetcircuit » Thu May 24, 2018 11:57 am

I am version 3.2.123…? :lol:
I never understand what Clo is doing.

I got the email about 7.5, but I have no idea how to upgrade my (perpetual) 7 license, or if there is an upgrade fee, or what… I am just clicking randomly in MD and on their website. I know sometimes MD updates itself, but I don't know if it's done it recently…. :roll:

I guess I will discover a new button one day, or not… LOL!

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu May 24, 2018 5:47 pm

To get the upgrade:
Log-in the the MD site. Click on your name in the upper menu bar to go to your account page. Scroll down a bit (depending on your screen size) to see the License Purchase History section. Look for the latest version of MD (top of the list). It will show the *date* you paid for it, and the Win/Mac options. Click on the preferred system button and the download file should read:
MarvelousDesigner7_Personal_4_1_99_Installer_x64.exe or MarvelousDesigner7_Personal_4_1_99_Installer_x64.dmg
That is what you want!
If you have v.7, (as you say you do) the upgrade is free... MD only charges for a full version upgrade (ie., from 7 to 8 for example). The in-between upgrades have always been free.
The 'auto' updates you mention are merely notifications that a new version is available... you always still have to actually approve the downloading of the new one.

The Mac version may not be up yet, or may still have a few bugs: the Mac version always runs a bit behind....

wetcircuit

Post by wetcircuit » Thu May 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Rosemaryr wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:47 pm
To get the upgrade:
...Look for the latest version of MD (top of the list). It will show the *date* you paid for it, and the Win/Mac options. Click on the preferred system button and the download file should read:
MarvelousDesigner7_Personal_4_1_99_Installer_x64.exe or MarvelousDesigner7_Personal_4_1_99_Installer_x64.dmg
That is what you want!
:D Thank you!
I guess I was expecting it to say "7.5" so I didn't actually try to download it, but yes it is the latest version (and I feel foolish, lol).

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu May 24, 2018 10:43 pm

:D Thank you!
I guess I was expecting it to say "7.5" so I didn't actually try to download it, but yes it is the latest version (and I feel foolish, lol).

------I did the same thing too! That's why I mentioned it in the first post! *giggle*