MD in the News

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
LoriGriffiths

MD in the News

Post by LoriGriffiths » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:04 pm

Some of you might find this article interesting. These people seem to be somewhat clueless about the industry. We've all been using characters (avatars) that don't necessarily match our own gender or ethnicity for many years. It isn't until someone gets attention on social media that it becomes news.

Imagine their surprise to see the objectification of women in the Daz or other gamer marketplaces?

https://fashionista.com/2018/03/compute ... ropriation

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: MD in the News

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:42 am

*sigh* Will I have to worry about the elves and pixies, also? I don't want to offend them with my human-oriented attitudes, after all?

wetcircuit

Post by wetcircuit » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:01 pm

I've always been offended that Walt Disney was not actually a mouse or a princess….

PantherGirlSim

Post by PantherGirlSim » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Hey hey hey, I'm so excited to have found Lori's tutorials. I'm having so much fun learning MD. I can definitely see myself doing this for a living or even as a paid hobby. Interesting article. Simmers like me have been creating virtual characters and posting them for years on Tumblr or Simblr as we call it. This guy just happened to get attention because his images are controversial. One never knows what will go viral. Simmers are one of the most active communities on Tumblr. Thanks for the article. As soon as I get my skills up to par I will post my work on here. I used to sew and make doll clothes as a child.

Janice
Janice :idea:

PantherGirlSim

Post by PantherGirlSim » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:14 pm

I just looked at the Instagram account mentioned in the article Shudu.gram. Can the earrings be made using MD also. I also make jewelry and want to make 3d versions for advertising my jewelry since I can't afford models. Thanks

If yes does your book Lori cover that also or just use the same techniques?
Janice :idea:

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Wed May 02, 2018 11:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Janice. We're glad you are here.

I doubt that MD can be used for earrings or jewelry. My book doesn't cover anything like that.