Regency Riding Habit/Queen Louise of Prussia

Show us what you're working on and we'll provide words of encouragement and constructive criticism to achieve the best results possible.
Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Regency Riding Habit/Queen Louise of Prussia

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:50 am

I understand what you mean about ZBrush: Completely!
My approach has been to figure out *only just* what I need for a particular project, and concentrate on that. Just now, for the buttons, it's 'duplication' and 'positioning'.

Now, that the buttons are on, it's on to texturing.

ClusterOne

Post by ClusterOne » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:28 pm

This is fantastic. May I ask what you plan to do with the mesh? MD's raw output is, quite frankly, really crap. You might want to considering finessing it in Zbrush before calling it done. If you decide to, I would suggest checking out Xavier Coelho-Kostolny's tutorial ( https://i.imgur.com/VTjfae7.jpg) as its the simplest method for handling topology.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:15 am

ClusterOne wrote:This is fantastic. May I ask what you plan to do with the mesh? MD's raw output is, quite frankly, really crap. You might want to considering finessing it in Zbrush before calling it done. If you decide to, I would suggest checking out Xavier Coelho-Kostolny's tutorial ( https://i.imgur.com/VTjfae7.jpg) as its the simplest method for handling topology.
For the most part, I generally don't need to refine the mesh much more, as the output is usually meant only for my own art pieces. Since I tend to do a quite a bit of postwork, that level of reworking at the 3d mesh stage is not as a productive use of my time.
Still, it's a great tutorial you linked to, and I did bookmark it for future study. Thanks!

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Rosemary,

I can't wait until you finish the garment. It's really coming along nicely. You've put a lot of effort into this.

muyyMaL

Post by muyyMaL » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:11 pm

This is absolutely amazing -jaw drops- If I can ever get to this level of design, I will jump for joy! Great job! :D

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Doing some test renders in Keyshot:

MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:55 pm

Rosemaryr wrote:Doing some test renders in Keyshot:
Is not familiar with Keyshot, but, I like the effect you have. It makes it look like velvet.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:10 pm

MorgaineChristensen wrote:
Rosemaryr wrote:Doing some test renders in Keyshot:
Is not familiar with Keyshot, but, I like the effect you have. It makes it look like velvet.
Keyshot has some nice presets... the velvet is preset as a red, but it's easily changed to blue (or whatever you want)...

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Wow, that is really beautiful. The velvet really sets off all the folds and draping.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:26 pm

LoriGriffiths wrote:Wow, that is really beautiful. The velvet really sets off all the folds and draping.
Part of that is the white studio environment that Keyshot uses as it's default setup. It is really geared to making a product presentation render, so the lighting has enough coverage to bounce from several different angles. I didn't intend to use Keyshot for the final render, however. I was just testing the Zbrush/Keyshot bridge.... trying to learn different aspects of ZB as I go. (My actual render will happen in Poser, as I need it for the skin tones for the avatar. Then there will be some postwork, to make it a bit more 'artistic'. *grin*)