Newbie - Collision Problem

Show us what you're working on and we'll provide words of encouragement and constructive criticism to achieve the best results possible.
burningice579

Newbie - Collision Problem

Post by burningice579 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi. This is my first time using MD for an actual project, still trying to get my head around the workflow. I have encountered a recurring problem in simulation that has got me frustrated. cloths keep crumpling up. I'm not sure what causes this problem but I'm thinking its with the collision or layers or fabric settings or something. I just really need some direction.

Attached the screenshots.

Thank you for your time.
Attachments
frustratig thing.jpg
frustratig thing.jpg (280.13 KiB) Viewed 1222 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Newbie - Collision Problem

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:44 am

Could we see a screen-shot of the 2D window as well, with the seam connections showing? It would help us in determining if there is a sewing issue, or something else at work...

Thanks!

LoriGriffiths

Re: Newbie - Collision Problem

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:43 pm

As Rosemary said, it would be great to see your pattern layout in the 2D window. Once thing I do see is the blue outlines indicative of using the Layer property on the patterns. Did you set Layers in the Property Editor? It isn't a good idea to use those unless absolutely necessary. They are very finicky and cause problems. You might try setting all the Layers to 0 and interact with the garment during simulation to pull it out. Also, set the Particle Distance very high (20 or higher), which straightens things out to get the layering correct. You can lower it later to final sim.