I am looking for suggestions on making a tactical military/police body armour

Are you lost in MD because you don't know anything about sewing? Are you a skilled seamstress? Meet up here and help each other out.
orilles

I am looking for suggestions on making a tactical military/police body armour

Post by orilles » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:38 am

here is an example...

http://www.jackellis.co.uk/images/polic ... =242434754

I have made plenty of soft bodied stuff before in MD but I was wondering about things like body armour, or military backbacks, how would be people here go about making them?

I thought parts could be done in a md, they could have their stiffness changed and then frozen, and gradually built up with pouches added which are much softer and less stiff?

or should these sorts of things be done outside of MD and done in Zbrush or Blender or Maya etc etc?

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: I am looking for suggestions on making a tactical military/police body armour

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:53 pm

You can certainly do in inside MD. As you said, create an inner, stiffer pattern, and then place a softer outer layer over it.
If you want to export the results for further work in another program, you need not export all the pattern pieces: just the ones that are visible.

orilles

Re: I am looking for suggestions on making a tactical military/police body armour

Post by orilles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:29 am

Rosemaryr wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:53 pm
You can certainly do in inside MD. As you said, create an inner, stiffer pattern, and then place a softer outer layer over it.
If you want to export the results for further work in another program, you need not export all the pattern pieces: just the ones that are visible.
is there a way to "attach" a piece of simulated fabric to an imported object?

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

You can use the pin (also called tack) feature to attached patterns to objects. I think it will depend on how you import your object. I know you can "pin to avatar". I'm not sure if you can pin to props. You'll have to give it a try.