Bed Mattress wrinkle help

Are you lost in MD because you don't know anything about sewing? Are you a skilled seamstress? Meet up here and help each other out.
Smarinkov

Bed Mattress wrinkle help

Post by Smarinkov » Wed May 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Hello guys I just started working with MD a couple of weeks ago. I am trying already a few days to make a bad wrinkle at the edge of the mattress but I am not getting any close to the solution/result of the reference image. I tried making the wrinkle trough sewing and freezing but I am not getting it at all :(. Would really appreciate if some could help me out by giving me some advice on what route should I take to achieve this effect.
Attachments
Caracole Bed.jpg
Caracole Bed.jpg (35.98 KiB) Viewed 941 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Bed Mattress wrinkle help

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue May 30, 2017 1:54 pm

(Sorry for the delayed response...I've been on vacation, so I haven't been able to do any MD work lately.)

As for the question, the best way to do this in MD, is to treat it as you would in real life: have a sheet of cloth larger than the bed (avatar) object that it will lay upon, and fold it at the corner. Use pins to hold certain points in place, and to manipulate the cloth to where it needs to be.

I had a mini tutorial covering those corner folds over at the main MD forum here: https://www.marvelousdesigner.com/commu ... Learn/3383
You would want to adjust the angle of the internal lines that form the folds, in order to have it line up with the vertical edge, instead of being a hospital corner (slanted).

Something to note: the mattress avatar (box) will have to be off of the floor, in order for you to 'tuck' the sheets in under it.

Smarinkov

Post by Smarinkov » Wed May 31, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi Rosemary thank you very much for the link. It was very helpful. In the end I managed to do it but in a much sloppier way. But after seeing what you shared it looks much clearer and cleaner!

Thank you again. Here is what I got in the end but will make sure to try what you share me.
Attachments
bed.JPG
bed.JPG (35.19 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Wed May 31, 2017 2:25 pm

I am glad to be of help! Looking forward to what else you come up with, in MD!