Issue : Import Avastar Avator into MD in Collada(.dae)

Does your virtual world need a bit more high fashion? Ask for help or give advice here.
nacho0513

Issue : Import Avastar Avator into MD in Collada(.dae)

Post by nacho0513 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello. I am English second language leaner so if I confused you, sorry about my poor English Grammar.

Now I am using "MD 6" and "Blender2.78b(newest).
Then I tried to import my Avaster Avator to MP6 as collada file but it doesn't work.
All my steps are following with "How to Bring Other Models into Marvelous Designer" from youtube by Lori Griffith.
It's from here, URL : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Bz28bt_8M&t=519s

Here is what I did right now successfully.
I installed "bento-avastar-2.0-5_blender-2-75" from website and imported it to Blender.
Then I exported it as Collada file.
There are 2 types of Collada file I can choose which one is Avastar Collada dae. file and the other is Default Collada dae. file).

Here is an issue...
When I imported files to MP6, both file has a different issue so either can not use to MP6.
The 1st Avastar Collada file has never showed up to MP6 and MP6 shut down.
The 2nd Default Collada file came up with the avatar with hair and skirt on it.
Picture is here : https://gyazo.com/34b6ee135fa087ce864639d193089e82
*The avatar has legs inside the skirt so I tried to take it off but if I did that, all avatar gone.

Is there anything I can do for Avaster Avi to import correctly to MP6?
I saw Lori's youtube again and again and check all details but there are no hint to get out from this problem.
Thank you for reading and hope someone gonna help me.

Coda

Re: Issue : Import Avastar Avator into MD in Collada(.dae)

Post by Coda » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:57 pm

I am rather surprised that this question was not really answered. I followed the same guide that the poster did. My DAE file comes in fully blank. I have tried following another set of instructions that says to save it as a wavefront.obj file, and that one imports as an all white avatar. Finally I tried going with an .FBX file and that one almost works.

Is there any reason my Avastar Avatar import is coming in fully white?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer

Coda

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Part of the problem in getting a response is that there are only a few of us here who use Second Life. Lori even says in the video that this is the case for her.

For the first poster, my guess (and it is only a guess!) is that there were some hidden objects that came along with the avatar, which were not cleaned up from the file before exporting from Blender. Lori's video mentions this, with the extra avatars hidden in the file.

For your issue about the avatar being white, this is a common thing. MD looks for any texture/image files in the same location as the mesh object. I typically use Poser figures, which almost always have their textures in another folder.
But unless you intend to render inside MD, is it really a problem? MD is primarily meant for creating the garments, not rendering. The color of the avatar does not effect the clothing creation functions.

Coda

Post by Coda » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:59 am

Thanks for the answer. I have the same problem. The .dae file comes in blank. As for the white avatar, monochrome is not the issue, it is white on white, so I am challenged.

Meanwhile this is an awesome site, and lori's vids make the program useable for us neophytes

Coda

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:16 am

? White on white?

Do you mean that the background and ground plane are also completely white? Or something else? Do you have a screen-shot of the issue...?