Bands fixed to the avatar

Need help or have suggestions for the MD Help Forum? Please feel free to provide your input here.
Saara

Bands fixed to the avatar

Post by Saara » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi to everybody,
this is my first post in this forum. I am very glad, that is exist and many thanks to Lori for her very helpful videos.
I am trying to learn Clo Atelier and have spended a lot of hours the last weeks. But still I am missing some knowledge to be able to
finish my first projekt.
I hope to find help here.
I would like to fit some bands to an avatar to make an instruction how to take measurements for made to measure clothing. I developped a measuring help system, which helps to get much more accurate measurments. Please see the picture:
Erna mit Baendern.jpg
Erna mit Baendern.jpg (15.09 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
So I started to attache tight fitted clothing to my avatar and now I cannot fix the band over it. They will not stay in place:
The one in the waist is nearly good, but the one for the high hip rose already upwards.
Bands.jpg
Bands.jpg (227.97 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Bands (3).jpg
Bands (3).jpg (217.77 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Bands (2).jpg
Bands (2).jpg (238.06 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Could anybody give me a short instruction what to do?
Thank you very much in advance.
Sorry for my poor english. I hope you can understand what I mean. :)
Thank you very much for your help.
Greetings from Germany

Saara

LoriGriffiths

Re: Bands fixed to the avatar

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:44 pm

The bands are going to slide around, if they are loose. I would sew the bands to the clothing.

If possible, make the clothing a one piece garment. Then create internal lines at all of the measurement points. Sew your bands to the lines.

This will guarantee that the bands stay in place at the correct spot. You can put the internal line down the center of the band, if you are worried that someone will see the edge is sewn.

Hope that helps. Good luck.