Useful Texture Software Product

Want to just chat with like minded users about other things, besides MD? Here's the place to do it.
MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Useful Texture Software Product

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Okay, sometimes I get WAY too EXCITED about things! I think the hardest part about being a hobbyist is you don't know what you don't know. :lol: Sometimes, you completely miss a useful gadget, add-on, or other software that would really make your life a lot easier.

For those of you that work with textures, professionally or, as a hobby, I was excited to find this add-on for Photoshop. I have struggled for years when it comes to making seamless or tileable textures with Photoshop manually creating them. Gimp, does a bit better job but still requires a lot of work. With this product, I was able to make a seamless texture in less than 60 seconds. I am sure there are some quirks to this but for what I am using it for it has done a fabulous job. You can also create 3D maps for your mesh, although I haven't worked with that yet, hopefully it will be just a easy.

I do have to say I had issues with getting this to work inside of CS6 but that is probably user installation error more than anything. The great news is the product can be installed as a stand alone program as well.

You might want to check it out. But, be warned, this is NOT a free product. https://www.pixplant.com/

raden92

Re: Useful Texture Software Product

Post by raden92 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:23 am

MorgaineChristensen wrote:Okay, sometimes I get WAY too EXCITED about things! I think the hardest part about being a hobbyist is you don't know what you don't know. :lol: Sometimes, you completely miss a useful gadget, add-on, or other software that would really make your life a lot easier.

For those of you that work with textures, professionally or, as a hobby, I was excited to find this add-on for Photoshop. I have struggled for years when it comes to making seamless or tileable textures with Photoshop manually creating them. Gimp, does a bit better job but still requires a lot of work. With this product, I was able to make a seamless texture in less than 60 seconds. I am sure there are some quirks to this but for what I am using it for it has done a fabulous job. You can also create 3D maps for your mesh, although I haven't worked with that yet, hopefully it will be just a easy.

I do have to say I had issues with getting this to work inside of CS6 but that is probably user installation error more than anything. The great news is the product can be installed as a stand alone program as well.

You might want to check it out. But, be warned, this is NOT a free product. https://www.pixplant.com/
I usually use Adobe Photoshop for texting my design too, and so far, there is no problem of it. as long a we knew how to programs it, your design will be good...
Komunikasia - The company of design agency and graphic design jakarta

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:51 pm

I downloaded PixPlant on trial and it is impressive. It does a great job, right out of the box. If you play with it a bit, it gets even better. Although I have Photoshop, I'm not very skilled with it. PixPlant makes it much easier. Also, you can get Normal maps in the program, which is even better than the greyscale displacement maps. There's a lot more detail.

The program is very affordable. Great find Morgaine!

MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:10 am

You are most welcome!

While I could do a lot of this stuff by hand in Photoshop, it is just such a time saver for me. I need to play around with the other maps but, time is not something I have a lot of so that will have to wait till I get some projects finished.

For me, this is what this forum is all about...sharing with one another.

orilles

Post by orilles » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 am

i would recommend you try out a 1 month trial of Substance Designer.

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Substance Designer is amazing and it really isn't that expensive. It's great they provide indie licensing.

Thank you for sharing this resource with us.

https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/ ... e-designer

orilles

Post by orilles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:28 am

LoriGriffiths wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:42 pm
Substance Designer is amazing and it really isn't that expensive. It's great they provide indie licensing.

Thank you for sharing this resource with us.

https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/ ... e-designer
its much better priced than MD!