Stitches on internal line

Is there an entire process you would like to see in a written or video tutorial? If so, put your request here so that experienced users know what content you are looking for.
DanielTan

Stitches on internal line

Post by DanielTan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:14 pm

I downloaded the free short sleeve shirt from MD Store as per the link below.

www.marvelousdesigner.com/store/product/CLO1501010

At the bottom portion of the shirt, there are 2 internal lines. These 2 internal lines have stitches embedded together with it. It can't be seen on the 2D window but it is always on the 3D window.

I was wondering how can I draw internal line with the preset stitches on top straight away like the lines on the shirts without using graphic. Hope someone can answer my question. Thanks in advance.

LoriGriffiths

Re: Stitches on internal line

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you are asking about stitching texture based on internal lines, MD doesn't do it. An internal line is not "stitching". It is just a line that can be sewn within the pattern. You can apply Fold Angle to the sewn internal line so it looks indented, like there is stitching there, but there are no "stitches" on the outside.

The only way you get stitches in MD is to use a graphic of some sort. That will be an image or a normal map.

Hope that helps.

Lori

DanielTan

Post by DanielTan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:41 am

Thanks for your reply Lori. I understand that MD does not do stitch texture and to get it look indented, we will need to use fold angle.

For the graphic method by image or normal map, could you explain in more details as I do not quite understand that part. Not sure if this is the method used in the short sleeve shirt I downloaded from MD Store.

DanielTan

Post by DanielTan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:49 am

The other thing is if I add a graphic, it will be registered as a graphic under object browser under the scene tab. But for the downloaded file, there is this object known as stitch so I am rather confuse.

Refer to the image attached. Thanks
Attachments
1477010932930250983408.jpg
1477010932930250983408.jpg (757.76 KiB) Viewed 1367 times

asim.junaid

Post by asim.junaid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:48 pm

DanielTan wrote:I downloaded the free short sleeve shirt from MD Store as per the link below.

http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/store/ ... CLO1501010

At the bottom portion of the shirt, there are 2 internal lines. These 2 internal lines have stitches embedded together with it. It can't be seen on the 2D window but it is always on the 3D window.

I was wondering how can I draw internal line with the preset stitches on top straight away like the lines on the shirts without using graphic. Hope someone can answer my question. Thanks in advance.
You can manage stitches in MD also as I did here as attached images :)
Shorts stitchedb.JPG
Shorts stitchedb.JPG (26.4 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
Shorts stitched.JPG
Shorts stitched.JPG (25.99 KiB) Viewed 1362 times