Mediaval Style gloves and boots

Is there an entire process you would like to see in a written or video tutorial? If so, put your request here so that experienced users know what content you are looking for.
ceegeebug

Mediaval Style gloves and boots

Post by ceegeebug » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:26 am

Hi Lori !
I have found your tutorials very useful in terms of technical and artistic terms, you are doing an awesome job there !!! :)
Basically I am working on my personal project from quite a while which includes the medieval style clothing of my character.
Apart from clothes i am stuck on something unusual which is to make Gloves and boots.
Would be awesome if you can make some tutorials for it in future!

Thanks for the awesome tutorials !!

Regards,
Waseem.

LoriGriffiths

Re: Mediaval Style gloves and boots

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi Waseem,

Gloves and boots are a real challenge in MD and I'm not convinced it's the best program for those. You may want to take a look at this post, here in the forum - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153

There is some information on the boots there. I did do some gloves in MD at one time. They took a very long time to do and the results are not that great - https://www.fearlessmakers.com/product/ ... ss-gloves/

I really think that gloves and boots are better suited to other 3D modeling software, like Blender. They wouldn't be that hard to model and they have minimal cloth characteristics. You could easily sculpt in any wrinkles or folds when modeling.

Do you use another 3D program, like Blender, Maya, 3DS Max or Zbrush? I would give those a try.

k.c..riley

Re: Mediaval Style gloves and boots

Post by k.c..riley » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Yes... modeling the boots in a program like Zbrush is FAR more simpler than trying to do it in MD, which is a pain... gloves on the other hand are not that difficult to model once you get the basic seam placement down. I can foresee the difficulty, particularly between the fingers of the glove. But with proper material settings, you can get around this.