Doublet - Medieval to Modern

Create posts showing how things are done or link to outside pages to help others find valuable resources.
CirstynBech-Yagher

Doublet - Medieval to Modern

Post by CirstynBech-Yagher » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi
cby_doublet_Vimeo.jpg
cby_doublet_Vimeo.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1642 times
Here's the tutorial for the doubletin my Saying Hi post from the gallery. I really hate doing voiceovers, so I added text to the video instead.
I wrote it for 3DW in '14 foir MD4, so it speaks to newcomers and intermediates on various versions alike (I hope).
Feel free to ask any questions :)

Not covered is what I did once I was done with the doublet:
In the image, the textures are based on a velvet shader I set up in Corona and I photoshopped a pattern from somewhere - I think it was CGTextures. Before texturing, I tweaked the model in Zbrush and also the UV Map in Unfold 3D - the MD layout is nice, but it does have pinching and spread here and there, and I just wanted to get rid of that, because I am a stickler for stuff like that.

LoriGriffiths

Re: Doublet - Medieval to Modern

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:08 am

That's beautiful. I love the velvet. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

raden92

Post by raden92 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:57 am

CirstynBech-Yagher wrote:Hi

cby_doublet_Vimeo.jpg

Here's the tutorial for the doubletin my Saying Hi post from the gallery. I really hate doing voiceovers, so I added text to the video instead.
I wrote it for 3DW in '14 foir MD4, so it speaks to newcomers and intermediates on various versions alike (I hope).
Feel free to ask any questions :)

Not covered is what I did once I was done with the doublet:
In the image, the textures are based on a velvet shader I set up in Corona and I photoshopped a pattern from somewhere - I think it was CGTextures. Before texturing, I tweaked the model in Zbrush and also the UV Map in Unfold 3D - the MD layout is nice, but it does have pinching and spread here and there, and I just wanted to get rid of that, because I am a stickler for stuff like that.
This tutorial looks easy to follow :D
Thanks for sharing this CirstynBech-Yagher
Komunikasia - The company of design agency and graphic design jakarta

CirstynBech-Yagher

Post by CirstynBech-Yagher » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks guys, much appreciated :)
I also think I have one for a scabbard, if anyone is interested ;-)
I wanted to see if it was possible...

fi.jay

Post by fi.jay » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:12 am

Beautiful work, I am especially interested in old patterns re-used and made in software and the real world