Pattern Maker for MD

Create posts showing how things are done or link to outside pages to help others find valuable resources.
LoriGriffiths

Pattern Maker for MD

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:58 pm

I've created a new tool for everyone to use. As some of you know, awhile back I made an add-on program for QCAD Pro that generated slopers / basic block patterns for real-world and MD use. Some people took advantage of that, but I know many people didn't have the money for QCAD or weren't interested in learning yet another program.

I figured out a way to draft patterns in the browser using SVG and JavaScript. I call the tool Pattern Maker and it is available to everyone. It works for Marvelous Designer avatars and is not intended for real-world sewing. All you need is a set of measurements, which are now very easy to get using the new MD5 measurement tools.

Here's the tool: http://www.fearlessmakers.com/pattern-maker/
Here's an article that explains it all and includes a video: https://www.fearlessmakers.com/pattern- ... -designer/

Have fun with it and make lots of great garments in MD!

If you like the free tool, you may want to consider https://patternmakerpro.com/. It has even more goodies.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Pattern Maker for MD

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:50 pm

Once again, an excellent video.
This is the clearest demonstration of using the MD measuring system that I have seen, and your extra work in making the Pattern Maker available online in browsers is clearly the bee's knees!

Splendid work, Lori!!!

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks Rosemary. That's very kind of you. I always stress out about missing a detail or getting something wrong. If I have your approval on the measurement tool usage, I must have done okay. If I ever miss anything, make sure to tell me about it. I still have a lot to learn!

Fahad

Post by Fahad » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:21 am

LoriGriffiths wrote:I've created a new tool for everyone to use. As some of you know, awhile back I made an add-on program for QCAD Pro that generated slopers / basic block patterns for real-world and MD use. Some people took advantage of that, but I know many people didn't have the money for QCAD or weren't interested in learning yet another program.

I figured out a way to draft patterns in the browser using SVG and JavaScript. I call the tool Pattern Maker and it is available to everyone. It works for Marvelous Designer avatars and is not intended for real-world sewing. All you need is a set of measurements, which are now very easy to get using the new MD5 measurement tools.

Here's the tool: http://www.fearlessmakers.com/pattern-maker/
Here's an article that explains it all and includes a video: https://www.fearlessmakers.com/pattern- ... -designer/

Have fun with it and make lots of great garments in MD!
Thanks for doing this Lori!

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi Fahad,

You're welcome. Stay tuned, because things are going to get even better. I'm developing a more advanced Pattern Maker that will create full garment patterns, not just slopers. It won't be free, but it will be powerful. I'm super excited to get it done.

Fahad

Post by Fahad » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:47 am

LoriGriffiths wrote:Hi Fahad,

You're welcome. Stay tuned, because things are going to get even better. I'm developing a more advanced Pattern Maker that will create full garment patterns, not just slopers. It won't be free, but it will be powerful. I'm super excited to get it done.

Lori,

I can't remember if we can use this with custom avatars? It should work as long as I do the proper measurements in md5 right?

Thanks and I can't wait for your new tool!

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Yes Fahad, this tool was designed for all avatars, MD or custom. Just make sure you get a good set of measurements.

I'm up to about 50 patterns on the new tool. I'm hoping it will be ready by February. Thanks for the encouragement.

Fahad

Post by Fahad » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:01 pm

LoriGriffiths wrote:Yes Fahad, this tool was designed for all avatars, MD or custom. Just make sure you get a good set of measurements.

I'm up to about 50 patterns on the new tool. I'm hoping it will be ready by February. Thanks for the encouragement.
That sounds great!

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Fahad wrote:
That sounds great!
I sent you a private message through the forum on this. I hope you got it.

sahibzada

Post by sahibzada » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:17 pm

Hello Lori, i cannot find the free version of pattern maker, or it is no more available free?