Camille Kleinman's Vimeo tutorials

Create posts showing how things are done or link to outside pages to help others find valuable resources.
Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Camille Kleinman's Vimeo tutorials

Post by Rosemaryr » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:20 pm

CamilleK has posted a few interesting tutes on her Vimeo site:
https://vimeo.com/camillekleinman
which cover how to fit clothing from one size avatar to another (much differently sized) avatar without changing the patterns in the 2D window. Clever use of the Shrinkage tool is the key.
The tutorials are well presented, with clear narration.

(She also has pay-for tutorial lessons covering many of the basics, and even advanced, uses of MD.. One of here Vimeo clips shows a preview for the lessons, so you can decide if they are what you want or need.)

MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Re: Camille Kleinman's Vimeo tutorials

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Thanks for the info, Rosemayr!

I went and checked out the site and was a bit disappointed. While it looks like a lot of information for varying styles of clothing, including MD5 added features, couldnt' a cost for the course. Also, unlike places I have had previous experience with, like Digital-Tutors, Lynda.com, CG Cookies, or YouTube, it doesn't appear to be an open enrollment (24/7; 365 open to everyone). I don't know if that has something to do with their server accessibility (I had some issues with the Intro video stuttering and the sound being off), they are just making it available to a limited quantity, or they are not ready for business since MD5 was just being released yesterday. My guess is they may not yet be ready to release the course.

I am always willing to learn different techniques from others as long as things are easily accessible, questions supported, and of course, affordable. Personally, I am of the old school about freely sharing knowledge with others, which is why I do what I do. Why I enjoy Lori's videos so much, she has been willing to share her Marvelous Designer knowledge and the information you post, Rosemayr, helps so many people, who may be hobbyists on limited budgets.

It said something about being open in October again and you had to sign up to be on their waiting list. So, I signed up for their mailing list and will see what happens. I suggest others might want to do the say.

Wendyp

Post by Wendyp » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:04 am

Camille's paid for tutorials are brilliant. I had the Advanced course as a present and have followed some of them already. They are a bit expensive but well worth the money.

Lori's tutorials are great too, don't get me wrong, but I have learnt so much from Camille's tutorials.

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Wendy,
What do you find most useful in Camille's videos? They are quite expensive, so there must be great value there. Is it the explanation of sewing concepts or techniques in MD?

It's always helpful for me to understand what people find useful in tutorials and videos. Then I can better tailor mine to suit.

Thanks,
Lori