Export Garments

Create posts showing how things are done or link to outside pages to help others find valuable resources.
AbdusSamad

Export Garments

Post by AbdusSamad » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi
I am new to Marvelous Designer, and I was wondering how export only the garment so I can use it in another Program.
Thanks

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Export Garments

Post by Rosemaryr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:45 pm

Select the pattern pieces (in the 2D window is usually easiest), and use File>Export(selected), and choose whatever file format and scaling options from the pop-up export options list that you want to use

or

Using File>Export, then in the pop-up list make sure that any avatar mesh is *unselected* (and all the pattern pieces are selected), then go through the pop-up export option list as above.

AbdusSamad

Post by AbdusSamad » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Rosemaryr wrote:Select the pattern pieces (in the 2D window is usually easiest), and use File>Export(selected), and choose whatever file format and scaling options from the pop-up export options list that you want to use

or

Using File>Export, then in the pop-up list make sure that any avatar mesh is *unselected* (and all the pattern pieces are selected), then go through the pop-up export option list as above.

I tried these two methods but the clothes have no colour once I export them. Any help?
Thanks

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Have you applied a fabric to you patterns?

AbdusSamad

Post by AbdusSamad » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:59 am

Gregory wrote:Have you applied a fabric to you patterns?
Yes I have

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:04 am

If you have applied an image texture to your garment, then you will need to make sure you **uncheck** the Unified UV coordinates option on export, so that the applied textures are retained as you have set them inside MD.

If you just want colors, you need to actually change the colors from the default, save the result, and they should export properly.

mylala

Post by mylala » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:08 am

It looks like I have same issue. I don't understand how i can apply my texture image. Texture files saved in zip archive with obj, but i see white parts after i have imported this file in Daz3d or Blender( What is my mistake?

MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:53 pm

mylala wrote:It looks like I have same issue. I don't understand how i can apply my texture image. Texture files saved in zip archive with obj, but i see white parts after i have imported this file in Daz3d or Blender( What is my mistake?
If you have it textured/colored, I usually export with the "Save With Meta Data" section checked on the export panel in MD. Import into Blender, then check mark the "Textured Solid" box (under Shading) in the N Properties Panel. Also, you might want to unzip the textures if you haven't already. May make it easier for Blender to find the particular texture in question.

To enable the N Properties Panel, have your mouse hovering in the view port then tap N to open the panel; tap N again to close it.
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 9.43.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 9.43.54 AM.png (36.33 KiB) Viewed 2783 times

mylala

Post by mylala » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Yes, thank you, it's solved. I used spaces in file name, this is the reason)

ArturoBedollaCervantes

Post by ArturoBedollaCervantes » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:00 am

this subject interests me a lot.
I export in OBJ files that are exported, meshes, textures and others.